To create an inclusive environment for undocumented immigrants through education and advocacy.
UndocuMason, formerly known as Mason Dreamers, was founded by a group of student activists at George Mason University in the Fall semester of 2011.
What are we working on?
Below is a bullet list of items that our team has tirelessly worked on throughout the most recent semesters. If you would like to be a part of the goals we are striving for as an organization, please reach out to us! For more information about contacting us, please visit the contact us page.
- Worked with various GMU departments to successfully implement a domicile appeals process that properly addressed the needs and challenges of undocumented students.
- Partnered with GMU administration, allies, and departments to establish a $200,000 emergency fund to aid undocumented students at Mason during COVID-19
- Advocated for changes to the First Gen, Next Gen fund which will appropriately address undocumented students and expand accessibility.
- Hosted 3 UndocuAlly trainings
- Hosted 4 outreaches to local high schools
- Consistently met with our team weekly, hosted UndocuTalks bi-weekly, and other socially distanced events for our members
- Hosted the 10th Annual Immigration Monologues with speakers from across the country
- Appointed representatives the newly formed Undocumented Student Task Force and the Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence Taskforce
No, our organization is compromised of undocumented folks and allies/accomplices who center the narratives and leadership of undocumented immigrants across racial and ethnic backgrounds. We welcome anyone who shares the same values!
No, we aim to serve all undocumented folks, including - but not limited to DACA recipients.
We hold weekly team meetings that you can attend, contact us via email to learn more about weekly meetings. Aside from meetings, keep an eye out for our upcoming events.
We are currently accepting intern application for individuals interested in being an active and committed member during the Spring 2021 semester. Deadline to apply is February 22nd at 5:o0 PM EST : bit.ly/UMInternApp
The time dedicated to this organization is dependent around your availability and willingness. We don't require a certain time commitment of our members.