In the current political climate it’s more important than ever to spread the love to our immigrant communities and make sure that our campuses are understand the value that immigrants add to colleges and universities whether as students, faculty, or staff.
Below are some ideas for how you can celebrate #ToImmigrantsWithLove on campus as well as some examples from last year. This should give you what you need to get started on planning your day of action. Please fill out this form to confirm your involvement in #ToImmigrantsWithLove.
What to do on campus:
- Host a postcard writing table on your campus to show support for immigrants and immigrant serving institutions in your community–bribe students with cupcakes or cookies! (Postcard template attached)
- Send letters and postcards to immigrants in detention centers – Partner with local nonprofits that serve immigrants in detention or provide resources to those leaving detention centers to get immigrants who need them most messages of love and support.
- Organize a letter writing and reading exchange – Gather on your campus with faculty and staff and share letters from your community #ToImmigrantsWithLove.
- Engage other student groups in writing notes – This campaign is perfect for allies who want to show their support for their immigrant friends!
- Post on social media with the #ToImmigrantsWithLove hashtag.